Back again with another post about the Jelly Boys Gourmet Jellies, this time with the chili tangerine flavour.
Last time we made some savoury sweet cream puffs and this time we wanted to work with a protein.
Chicken being incredibly versatile with different flavours was the perfect candidate for these chili tangerine chicken brie tartlettes. What I like about this recipe is that there is little preparation ahead of time that you’ll need to whip up these cute tartlettes. The puff pastry, chicken breast and brie are easily available at most if not all major grocery stores.
I’m trying a slightly different format for my recipe posts where I show as many pictures as possible detailing the process of making it. Should help with explaining some of the steps.
Makes: 24 tartlettes
Materials: A 24-mini cupcake tin.
- 800g of puff pastry (you can find this in the frozen food section)
- 1 chicken breast
- 1 small wheel of brie (we used 140g of it)
- 2 tablespoons of finely chopped coriander stems
- 1/3 teaspoons of freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1/4 teaspoons of chicken seasoning powder (we used Knorr)
- 3 drops of sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoons of canola oil ( you can use olive oil if you have that instead)
- 1/4-1/3 teaspoon of the Chili Tangerine Jelly from Jelly Boys on each tartlette
1. The first thing you want to do is prepare your chicken and get it diced up. Cut the chicken breast in strips and then in cubes.
2. Throw the cubes of chicken in a bowl and mix with the finely chopped coriander, the black pepper, salt, chicken powder seasoning, sesame oil and canola oil. Set aside.
3.Cut up your brie into pieces about 1.5 inches in length and 1/4 inch thick
4. Start rolling out your puff pastry, you might need some flour to help it roll out. You’ll want to roll it out to about half an inch in thickness.
5. Cut up the puff pastry in small squares just barely enough to fit inside the cupcake tin.
6. Place a piece of the brie in the puff pastry
7. Fill the rest of the tartlettes with the chicken mixture and then top it off with about 1/4 to 1/3 teaspoon of the Chili Tangerine Jelly.
8. Bake in the oven at 400 F for 15-20 minutes until the puff pastry is golden brown
I hope you enjoy these fantastic appetizers and do let me know if you try this recipe!
-The Piquey Eater
P.S. Support The Piquey Eater by shopping on Amazon!