Back again with another recipe with Almond Breeze, this time with chicken.
If you can’t tell with my choice of food from restaurants, I like to indulge when I can. Particularly, I like things that are rich in flavour that just scream EAT ME!
I do have to moderate my gluttony just a tad to maintain “balance” as the doctor says. Almond milk is a surprising way to get that creaminess without adding to my waistline and good thing I have Almond Breeze here to help me out.
Now if you remember from my first post, I wanted to feature a recipe that really highlights almond milk as the main ingredient and not as a mere substitute for dairy. My dad actually came up with this recipe for this sauce which concentrates the flavour of the almonds and blends it with the body and flavour of mushrooms.
The nuttiness of the Almond milk really plays to the flavour of the mushrooms and goes so deliciously well with our rosemary chicken. A flavour combination that I definitely did not expect but pleasantly surprised.
- 2¼ cup of Almond Breeze, Original Unsweetened
- 5 chicken breasts
- 1 lb white button mushrooms
- 1 small onion chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon of rosemary
- 1 teaspoon of chicken stock flavouring
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Stir fry and sweat the chopped garlic, oil, onion and chopped mushrooms until the liquid has evaporated
- While doing that, heat the Almond Breeze at medium heat for 15 minutes
- Pour the ingredients in the pan in the heated Almond Breeze and allow the mixture to simmer for 15 minutes
- Add salt and pepper to taste and add the chicken seasoning
- Take a motor boat to blend the mushroom and almond milk mixture until smooth
- Keep covered in the pot while you prepare your chicken or other protein
- Season chicken breast side up with salt, pepper and rosemary
- When your oiled pan gets hot, place your chicken in the pan breast side up
- Take down the heat to medium and cook the chicken breast for 5 minutes
- Flip the piece of chicken and add a bit of salt and pepper
- Cover the pan and allow to cook for another 5 minutes
- Allow the chicken to rest for 3 minutes before slicing
- Pour the mushroom almond sauce over the chicken and serve hot
If you do not own a motor boat, divide the mixture into smaller portions and use a blender.
You can easily omit the chicken seasoning in the sauce to make it vegan. Tastes great either way.
Until we dine again,
-The Piquey Eater